Religious buildings

St. George church

St. George Church is from the village Potsky Pogost, Verkhovsky area, Tarnoga district. The late XVIIth century. A cold steeple wooden St. George Church was built in the late 17th – early 18th centuries in “place of the old wooden church built in 1588” upstream the Uftyuga River. Consecrated in 1700, St. George Church has two altars. The southern altar is named in the honor of St. Boris and St. Gleb, while the northern one is in the honor of St. George.

Prophet Elijah Chapel

Prophet Elijah Chapel from  the village Grigorovskaya, Kolengsky area, Verhovazhye district
It was identified in 1990 during the survey expedition of Verkhovazhye district. Initially the Chapel had four-wall log construction under two-slope roof with a porch-gallery along the western wall. At the end of the XIXth century the log construction of the Chapel was planked with batten and also, a belfry was added to it.

Subscribe to Religious buildings